The questions in this small group guide relate to the sermon from July 18–19. If your group has not had a chance to listen to the full sermon, they can find it at cor.org/leawood/sermons. This week’s sermon was preached by Rev. Adam Hamilton, Senior Pastor.
Lord Jesus, as we gather to study your Word would you open our hearts to hear your voice. Help us to set aside the anxieties and stress of our week to fully focus on you. Be with us as we learn together and grow in our understanding of the life you are calling us to. In the name of your Son Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen.
Matthew 7:1-2, 7, 13 and 12
- Big Idea #1: You were designed to be a champion – you are fearfully and wonderfully made. How does that knowledge influence your self-worth?
- Big Idea #2: You were made to love and serve as a champion. How would refocusing the idea of success to how well we love and serve, change your life? Your relationships?
- Big Idea #3: Talk like a Champion. (Prov. 16:24) How do kind words bring healing to others?
- Who does this for you? How can you do it for others?
- What is one positive thing you can do during this political season to speak kindness to those who might not agree with you? Read Ephesians 4:29
Thank you for creating me to be a champion. Change me into a champion of love. Replace comparison with compassion in my heart and mind and make me more like Jesus is – loving to all.
Help me to offer blessings with my words, particularly to those who most needed caring and appreciation.