We cannot walk alone. And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of sisterhood and brotherhood.Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., "I Have a Dream" (1963)
Small Group Questions
- Where have you seen the Beloved Community lived out this week?
“Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of racial injustice”
- What does this quote say to you?
- How have you experienced and/or participated in "the quicksands of racial injustice" in your community?
- Knowing what we have been learning about being a beloved community, what are some of the things we can do to stand united with all of our brothers and sisters?
- How might this be challenging for you?
- John Lewis: Good Trouble
- James Baldwin: I Am Not Your Negro